The World Intellectual Property Organization, or better known as WIPO, is an agency of the United Nations. The agency was created in 1967 and its headquarters are in Geneva, Switzerland. Its function is to promote and protect the use of intellectual property (IP), as well as stimulate creativity for countries in the areas of cultural, social and economic development. The agency has 186 member states and administers 25 international treaties. Intellectual property, or best known as IP, is the inventions, written works, artistic works, names, logos, and designs used in commerce. There are two divisions of IP. The first is industrial property, which is summed up as patents, trademarks, industrial designs, and geographic indications of source. The second is copyright, which covers [...]
Industry Tips & Secrets
- How to Spot a Telephone Scam
- How can I place my order on Best People Search?
- Locating someone with only a PO Box
- Use Twitter to Grow Your Email Marketing List
- Congressional Reform Act of 2010
- Can I get someone’s credit report?
- Credit Check for Employment
- Help, I Lost my Social Security Card
- Bulk Social Security Searches
- Wireless, Landline, and VoIP Services: What is a Carrier?
- Background Check
- Cell Phone
- Government Databases
- Identity Theft
- Medical Records
- People Search
- Private Investigator Services
- Search Engines
- Social Networks