What is Wage Garnishment? Wage garnishment is a means for a creditor or agency to collect a debt that is owed by an individual. It could be for past due child support, back taxes, defaulted student loans, a past due credit card, or any other type of monetary judgment filed against an individual by a third party or creditor. A percentage of a debtor's income would be directly deducted from their pay by their employer to repay the debt until it is satisfied. Here are five things one should know about garnishing the wages of an individual: Each state or locality will have its own set of procedures; but most often the creditor, agency, or individual filing the garnishment will take the paperwork and information of the debtor's employer to the local sheriff's office. In turn, the [...]
- Cell Phone Numbers and the SearchBug Day Pass
- How to place an order on Best People Search from outside the USA
- Credit Checks for Tenant Screening
- How Do Use Your Customer’s Phone Numbers?
- Search all Craigslist or Backpage Cities at same time
- Are you a good consumer or a consumer from hell?
- Lookup Phone Reverse
- Free SSN Verification
- Eviction Searches
- Wireless, Landline, and VoIP Services: What is a Carrier?
- Background Check
- Cell Phone
- Government Databases
- Identity Theft
- Medical Records
- People Search
- Private Investigator Services
- Search Engines
- Social Networks